Monday, December 25, 2006

Message from TAD President

Hello for everyone!


It was really hard for me to believe 2006 will soon be gone now. I have some vision on the TAD Community back in those last 12 months what I did for TAD and I think that 2006 may be best year I have ever had since I became the President of TAD from 2003. So, I hope that may 2007 be great to all of us as well!

I know some of you asked me what would I do with my plan on TAD’s agenda for first 7 months prior to end of my last 2nd term which is coming in July 2007 where the TAD convention will be held on July 12-14 in Chattanooga that you will get a package soon in January 2007 and will also post the information on the TAD web site soon as well. Now, go back to your question I can answer: in the fact I do not know yet, but I do know is must training with any new leadership of TAD to fill up in my shoes!

What would I do is teaching to the board members to take care of the TAD business and teach them how to speak up what they believe is best for their TAD’s future after my term ends. My vision in 2007 would be a new breed and better leadership of TAD for next generations that way will keep running the TAD business strongly for protecting our Deaf rights even in the higher technology world.

Some of you asked me about the newsletter?? My best answer I could have is: There is no position of the Deaf Tennessean Editor yet, which I do not mind to take that position, however my duty of the TAD President is coming first. Second, today’s our better technology is the web site, blog, and email which I could send any newsletter with the PDF file format in your own email address right away instead of waiting longer, which saves a lot of TAD’s money, because we can afford to pay the bill on the web site, email address systems and others. However, we still will need to send the newsletter in the mail to few members that do not have any computer.

However, one thing is I can really answer in my personal way: After my terms ends, I will continue working with any TAD committee such as The Deaf Tennessean Editorial group. Perhaps if the members can re-vote that allowing me go back to become the Past President since the position was removed in 2003 TAD convention, which I do not mind to serve on the TAD board of director again.

Now, I want to encourage all of you as TAD members and non-members to attend our 43rd TAD convention for our TAD’s future with our young Deaf people. We need your feedback because of the higher technology that we will face with. Why important for you to attend our convention? My answer is so simple: protecting your rights to use the better technology service! I am sure that many of you may not know familiar or acknowledged with our new technology such as Relay Service, Videophone, pager service and computers that provides better for our Deaf people so the convention will be a big benefit for yourself!

I hope all of you to be there!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year’s Day!


PMRjr, TAD President 2003-2005, 2005-2007

No comments: