Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My personal letter for Dr. Jordan

To Dr. I. King Jordan,

I am not here to speak on behalf of Tennessee Association of the Deaf as a president, nor GUAA chapter of East Tennessee as Liaison Officer as well, but I am speaking for myself as a member of GUAA, I found that news on what happening at the MSSD Gate this morning, is really UNNECESSARY and UNCALLED because that news is really bothered a lot. I am writing this because I do love Gallaudet University myself since I entered in 1988. And graduated in 1992 for B.S. degree in Business Adm.

You may remember me at the History through the Deaf Eyes in Nashville, TN last March that I have had a lot of respect for your work at Gallaudet, but now I do not anymore.. I strongly suggest that you must go outside for yourself to see how much did the damage on the students by DPS is done, since Carl Dupree'’s death that I never forget when I was a student there in early '90’s. Under your same leadership for 18 years, I do not think that we can see any improvement on DPS lately such as lack of learning the ASL and others.

Why you did this? And I am telling you that you must stop your unnecessary orders anymore, it may be more out of control since you did it on Black Friday, October 13 which was the worst history of the Gallaudet history yet, I am really proud what they did was right thing included Tim Rarus, our one of the DPN leaderships.

So now, you really need to end this crisis now, you cannot blame on the Faculty, Staff, Students and Alumni what they did, because I believe that they did and still do the right thing! You can see that many letters you got, from your friends included Jack Gannon and B. Bragg about asking your friend, Jane Frenandes to resign which is good for our university's sake.

Thanks,

Paul M. Robertson, Jr.
Class of 1992

No comments: